|Title||First Hangar sign (WPA)|
A 50" X 20" metal Plaque that gives a short history of the first hangar built at the Charlotte Douglas Airport in 1937.
This is the original Plaque installed on the original Hanger when the W.P.A. (Works Progress Adminastration) built the Charlotte Airport, Terminal, beacon and Hanger between 1936 and 1937.
its about 50 x 20", solid brass (very heavy)
(on display at the greeting station in the museum hanger)
|Notes||included is a photo of the original terminal and hanger and beacon, the only building that remains today is the hanger. This is the hanger where the Carolinas Aviation Museum got its start.|